The Residential Wiring DVD Course focuses on how to become an electrician. They detail the fundamentals of Residential Wiring featuring Safety, Using the NEC, & Transfer Boxes! You’ll see how to use the National Electrical Code effectively with close-up Video.
This 2-Disc Set does a great job of making material understandable for students/trainees!
- Disc One includes Tools, Safety, and Branch Circuit Materials
- Disc Two includes Prints, The Service Entrance, Installing Device & Fixtures and Backup Power
We’ve also included numerous high-quality Animated Graphics that help to visualize theories, making them understandable. These Courses have been crafted with a crucial learning methodology designed to increase student’s understanding and retention.
Available in Two Formats – each 166 min. in length.
- DVD Set
- Online Course: available from any Internet connection 24/7
The Residential Wiring Course includes:
Topic #1: Tools
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools
- Introduction to Essential Test Tools
Topic #2: Safety
- Understanding Arc Faults
- Understanding Ground Faults
Topic #3: Branch Circuit Materials
- Understanding Wire Gauge
- Understanding Conductor Ampacity
- Sizing Conductors
- Identifying Wire Types
- Buying Wire
- Understanding Voltage Drop
- Identifying Box Types
- Locating Boxes
- Sizing Boxes
- Identifying Receptacle Types
- Identifying Switch Types
- Identifying Conduit Types
- Understanding Conduit Fill Requirements
Topic #4: Prints
- Interpreting Schematics
Topic #5: The Service Entrance
- Examining the Main Panel
- Grounding Explained
- Sizing the Grounded Conductor
- Sizing the Ungrounded Conductor
- Replacing the Service Entrance
Topic #6: Installing Device & Fixtures
- Installing Device & Fixtures Part 1.
- Installing Device & Fixtures Part 2.
- Installing Device & Fixtures Part 3.
- Installing Device & Fixtures Part 4.
Topic #7: Backup Power
- Installing a Manual Transfer Switch Part 1.
- Installing a Manual Transfer Switch Part 2.